Libraries are more than just books, check out my libguides for more information.
Distance Services Librarian
Office Location: Northwest Houston Campus - Library
*Doctoral candidate, Educational Leadership, Prairie View A&M University
• A.B.D. - University of Pittsburgh (Library & Information Science)
*C.A.S. Library & Information Science-University of Pittsburgh
• M.L.I.S. - University of Pittsburgh (Library Information Science)
• B.S. - Communication minor Legal Studies - University of Pittsburgh
• 2019—ALA Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Advisory Board==Presidential Appointment
• 2018—Digital Library Federation Fellowship-HBCU Library Alliance/IMLS grant
• 2017—Digital Library Federation Fellowship-HBCU Library Alliance/IMLS grant
• 2017—BCALA Distinguished Service to the Library Profession Award
• 2017—American Library Association Travel Grant—IFLA-Poland Conference
• 2016—International Federation of Library Associates, IMLS Conference Fellowship Award--Columbus
• 2016—Routledge & Taylor Distance Learning Librarianship Sponsorship Award
• 2014—Expanding Library Support for Faculty Research-Mellon Grant Project--HBCU Library Alliance Faculty/Librarian Advisory Committee. Sandra Phoenix, Principal Investigator
• 2014—Library Mobile Solutions Pt 2--Texas State Libraries and Archives Commission funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, U.S. Department of Education.
• 2014—Emory University, ECDS/HBCU Digital Scholarship Institute Award
• 2011—Harvard University School of Education, Library Leadership Institute Scholarship Award
• 2013—Library Mobile Solutions--Texas State and Archives Commission funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services
• 2013—International Federation of Library Associates, Conference Award—Singapore
• Manager, Job and Career Education Center, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (CLP)
• Adjunct Professor/Lecturer/Teaching Assistant, University of Pittsburgh
• Library Assistant, Foundation Center, CLP
• Library Assistant, Homewood Branch Library
• Data Editor Supervisor, Automation & Information Technology Department, CLP
• Special Events Assistant (part-time), Carnegie Museums/Music Hall/MOA Film
• College of Arts & Sciences
• Off Campus (Distance Services)
Brumfield, E.J. Who’s the Real Dummy? Diverse Issues in Higher Education, Aug 2018 http://diverseeducation.com/article/122015/
Brumfield, E.J. (2018). Taste of Freedom: Coleman Library’s Juneteenth Celebration Cookbook. Issue.com. https://issuu.com/brumfield/docs/taste_of_freedom_large_print
Brumfield, E.J. (2018) Pipefitters Local Union NO. 562 et al., Petitioners, v. United States in Money in American Politics: An Encyclopedia, ABC-CLIO Publishers, David Schultz, Editor
Brumfield, E.J. (2017). Pre-publication Review of Empirical Study of Transformational Leadership, Quality Culture, and Performance of Top Universities in Qs Ranking. Sage Open.
Brumfield, E.J. (2017). Springer eBooks. Charleston Advisor. Choice 360; Choice reviews. http://www.choice360.org/products/reviews
Brumfield, E.J. (2017). The Meaning of Michelle: 16 Writers on the Iconic First Lady and How Her Journey Inspires Our Own by Veronica Chambers (a book review). BCALA News: Black Caucus of the American Library Association Inc. v. 44, issue 2, Spring 2017 http://bcala.org/Spring2017SpreadsInteractive/Spring2017SpreadsInteractive.htl
Sato-Hutchinson, C. & Brumfield, E.J. Minority among Minorities: a Japanese Librarian at a HBCU. In Asian American Librarians and Library Services: Activism, Collaborations and Strategies. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. Edited by J.H. Clarke; R. Pun and M. Tong.
Brumfield, E.J. (2015). Shaking the Money Tree: Creating a Financial Literacy Program at Your Library. Culture Keepers IX: Meet at the Gateway: Re-imagining Communities, Technologies, and Libraries: Proceedings of the 9th National Conference of African American Librarians". St. Louis, Miss. July 2015
Brumfield, E.J, Barksdale-Hall, R. & Mitchell, A.B. (2015). Getting Family Stories Published and Broadcast: An Overview. Journal of the Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society/Conference Proceedings. v 31&32
Brumfield, E.J. (2013). John B. Coleman Library, Your Past, Our Future: Transforming Learning, Commemorative Booklet for Coleman Library Anniversary. Prairie View A&M University.
Brumfield. E.J. (2012). An Ordinary Man: Black Power in Overalls. Blurb Publishers. Houston, TX
Brumfield, E.J. (2010). Applying the Critical Theory of Library Technology to Distance Library
Services. Journal of Library and Information Service for Distance Learning. v. 4, no. 1&2, p 1-9
Brumfield, E.J. (2008). Library Outreach to Juvenile Offenders in Intensive Supervision Probation
Programs (Community Centered House Arrest). ERIC (Education Resource Information Center).
Brumfield, E.J. (2008). Using Online Tutorials to Reduce Uncertainty in Information Seeking
Behavior. Journal of Library Administration and Management, v.48 no. 3&4 (Fall 2008)
Brumfield, E.J. (2008). Using Online Tutorials to Reduce Uncertainty in Information Seeking Behavior. 13th Campus Library Services Conference Proceedings. S.M. Mathson & J.A. Garrison (Ed). Mount Pleasant, Central Michigan Pub. pp. 81-90
Spink, A., Brumfield, J., Park, M., Alvarado-Albertorio, F., Narayan, B. (2007). Multitasking information behavior in public libraries: A survey study. Journal of Librarianship and Information Science, v. 39, no. 3, 177-186
Brumfield, E.J. (2006). The Public Library: Meeting the Needs of a Diverse Workforce. Multicultural review.
v. 15, n 2
Brumfield, E.J. (2006). Distance in Distance Education. Multicultural Review. v.14, n.1
Brumfield, E.J. (2006). Mastering the pre-employment tests. E-Resource Magazine: a CBS Radio
Publication. v.7 (5)
Spink, A., Brumfield, J., Park, M., Alvarado-Albertorio, F., Narayan, B. (2005). Multitasking
Information Behavior. Journal of the American Society for Information Technology.
Brumfield, E. J. (2001). Librarians as Communication Specialist. Bibliofile. University of
Pittsburgh. School of Library and Information Science.
Graham, L. & I. Parker, E.J. Brumfield. (1997). Foods That Shake the Soul. Three Rivers African
Garden Project. Pittsburgh, PA.