Point your browser to PVAMU Digitalcommons (https://digitalcommons.pvamu.edu/) to create your account
- From the PVAMU Digitalcommons home page, find and click the "My Account" link in the top navigation bar, at left.
- This will take you to the PVAMU Digital Commons login page. Since you don't yet have an account, you'll need to create one. To create your account, click the blue "sign up" link at the bottom left of the box.
- Enter your PVAMU email, first and last name, and create a password. Your password must be:
- At least 8 characters long
- Contain at least: one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number, and one special character (eg, $, @, &)
- Be sure to tick the "I'm not a robot" box. Depending on which browser you're using, you may also be required to click through a series of picture tiles to complete the process. After you've successfully created your account, we recommend ticking the "remember me" box at login so that you won't have to go through this every time you log in.
- The system will send a verification email to the email account you provided at sign up. When you receive this email, click the link to verify your account, and you should be good to go. Verification emails usually arrive promptly after the initial account setup, so if you don't see your verification email within a few hours, be sure to check your SPAM folder.
If you experience difficulties with the account creation process, please feel free to Contact Us
Manage Your Account
Once your account is set up, you can do a number of things from the "My Account" home screen. From this screen, you can:
- Change your password and contact information
- Create saved searches and sign up for email alerts when content matching your criteria is added
- Sign up for monthly readership reports on the content you have submitted (Research Alerts)
- Access your Author Dashboard (for more information on the Author Dashboard, please see below)
- View the status of content you have submitted
Under "My Account," you'll see a link to your Author Dashboard. This allows you to view detailed information about the works you have authored in PVAMU Digital Commons. Please note that the Dashboard may take a moment to load since it's pulling in global readership information. The types of metrics you can view from the Dashboard include:
- Your readership numbers, parsed by individual content (eg, article) and overall, for whatever time period you specify
- The geographical distribution of your readership, complete with maps
- The type of institutions that are accessing your scholarship (educational, governmental, commercial, etc)
- All of these individual reports can be downloaded or shared, or you can share a snapshot of your entire Dashboard by sending a guest link
If you have questions about your Author Dashboard, please Contact Us