Registering with https://digitalcommons.pvamu.edu/sw_gallery.html ORCID and ResearcherID will help to increase visibility for your scholarly creative activities and ensure your name is properly associated with your scholarly work. One of the most common problems for faculty visibility is name ambiguity and the challenge of distinguishing your research with that of others. You need to be able to easily attach your identity to your research. Your research is of high scholarship and importance. Registering with one or both of these scholarly-focused options is a wise option to help you stand out in the crowd.
Creating a scholarly profile is important for several reasons:
- The same authors name could be written in different ways, or more than one researcher may have the same name
- There may be different versions of a name, or the use of initials could be used in place of a full name
- Some researchers could change names because of marriage or other reasons
- Registering with ORCID and ResearcherID can help to eliminate any confusion between your work and that of a fellow researcher.
ORCID is a non-profit organization that provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and ensures that your work is recognized.
1. Register with ORCID and receive your unique ID. Register here for free.
2. Create a personalized professional profile and link to your other identifiers (such as, ResearcherID).
3. Include your ORCID ID on your Webpage, when you submit publications, and apply for grants for research to ensure you get credit for your work.