Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Register with ORCHID or PVAMU Scholarly Work Gallery
Registering with https://digitalcommons.pvamu.edu/sw_gallery.html ORCID and ResearcherID will help to increase visibility for your scholarly creative activities and ensure your name is properly associated with your scholarly work. One of the most common problems for faculty visibility is name ambiguity and the challenge of distinguishing your research with that of others. You need to be able to easily attach your identity to your research. Your research is of high scholarship and importance. Registering with one or both of these scholarly-focused options is a wise option to help you stand out in the crowd.
Creating a scholarly profile is important for several reasons:
- The same authors name could be written in different ways, or more than one researcher may have the same name
- There may be different versions of a name, or the use of initials could be used in place of a full name
- Some researchers could change names because of marriage or other reasons
- Registering with ORCID and ResearcherID can help to eliminate any confusion between your work and that of a fellow researcher.
ORCID is a non-profit organization that provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and ensures that your work is recognized.
1. Register with ORCID and receive your unique ID. Register here for free.
2. Create a personalized professional profile and link to your other identifiers (such as, ResearcherID).
3. Include your ORCID ID on your Webpage, when you submit publications, and apply for grants for research to ensure you get credit for your work.
Register with RESEARCHER ID
ResearcherID also provides a solution to the author ambiguity problem within the scholarly research community. ResearcherID offers a free virtual space to manage and share your professional information. Each member is assigned a unique identifier to enable researchers to manage their publications.
1. Register here and create a profile.
2. Link to your other identifiers (such as, ORCID).
3. Build your publication list and get citation metrics from Web of Science.
These are popular sites to maintain a professional presence and share your scholarship. Keep in mind that each of these requires you to set up an account. There is no fee to set up an account, but you will get frequent email updates. Sign up for these accounts only if you plan to maintain them. If you have submitted your scholarship to the institutional repository, you can link your IR account to some of these platforms as well.