Students, faculty and staff who find that a book or article they need is not physically available to them at the John B. Coleman Library can take advantage of the Interlibrary Loan service provided by the library.
Interlibrary Loan Link (https://mypanther-lib.pvamu.edu/screens/ill.html)
Interlibrary Loan is used for the following:
- Borrowing materials not available from John B. Coleman Libraries
- Scanning and delivering articles to faculty and graduate students
- Delivering library materials to distance education students
- Lending John B. Coleman materials to other libraries
The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service locates and borrows materials for the educational, research, and general needs of authenticated PVAMU library borrowers. This includes books, journal articles, documents, and audio-visual materials.
What should I do before making a request?
- Please check the library catalog carefully to make sure that we do not already have the book or article. Books that are not on the shelf may have been checked out but owned by the library. Check with the Circulation staff before requesting these items.
- Try to obtain complete and accurate information about the book or article you need to borrow. Pagination for articles and publication.
- Have your student or staff/faculty identification numbers ready (you will be required to authenticate your identity).